Letter from Fr. David
*** ATTENTION ST. MARY PARISHIONERS AND MONTINI PARENTS!!! ***
After discussions with Montini and St. Mary leadership, the following two items are now being implemented on our grounds:
- ONE – WAY DRIVEWAY
The driveway between the church and school is now officially a ONE WAY EXIT ONLY. The arrows have been painted, and the sign markers will be arriving soon. The reasons for this decision are simple:
- One-way traffic will facilitate safer flow during major traffic times.
- There is already plenty of access to the parking lot from Grand Avenue.
- We do not want traffic coming through the driveway when children are outside.
- DRIVEWAY TRAFFIC GATE
A new traffic gate has been installed in the driveway, and we will begin using the gate soon. The gate will be used to close off the driveway during school days and during nights and other off times when the parking lot is not in use. The reasons are:
- Most importantly to protect our children when they are at school! There is no need for traffic to use the driveway during school days, and furthermore the main parking lot should be kept clear when the children are outside.
- During off times, there is enough street and parking access available by way of Grand Avenue.
- In the event drivers miss the one way signs (which can happen to honest people!) the gate will be a deterrent for unnecessary traffic on the driveway.
The gate will be open for the following times:
- Before and after all Masses and major church events (weddings, funerals, etc.)
- On school days before and after drop off and pick up.
We believe these decisions will be helpful in keeping our children and school personnel safe and for facilitating safer traffic flow on our grounds. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in these regards!
Sincerely in Christ,
Fr. David Austin
Pastor of St. Mary and Co-pastor of Montini School