From Fr. David’s Desk
Dear Friends in Christ,
Here is a rapid fire list of various and sundry updates….
- The faulty light fixture in church has been replaced and is now functioning properly.
- The parish sign may need to have a new circuit board installed. The company is working with the Foresters on this project.
- The bell tower has not yet been repaired, but now that spring is here the project will be on the docket.
- At some point in the not too distant future we should do some renovation to the organ. We have regular tunings done, but it really needs more than mere tunings to operate at its full potential.
- The CCW is looking to raise some funds to purchase a new tent. Our current tent is nearing the end of its glorious life. The tent will come in handy for the rummage sale, the picnic, as well as 125th anniversary activities.
- The 2018 Diocesan Stewardship Appeal is nearly at its end. As of today (March 20) St. Mary has contributed $36,022.50 toward our goal of $45,308.00, with another $2,000 still pledged. That is roughly 80% of our target reached, and this with 144 of our families contributing. Thank you to all who have gotten us this far, we are doing better that we have in recent years. If we all can give this a final push perhaps we may exceed our goal!
- Recently both Montini and Marian put on excellent play performances. Due to sickness I was sadly not able to see Marian’s version of Seussical (I attend the musicals every year) but I heard it was a phenomenal rendition. I was able to witness Montini’s students put on Mary Poppins Jr., and wow was that a thrill! It is such a delight to see our students and teachers at both schools investing themselves in events like these that build up and celebrate the best of our cultural heritage!
- I continue to sing the praises of our beloved Montini community! The excellent quality of learning, the growth of faith, the engaging projects, the probing questions, the exhibiting of virtues, the infectious camaraderie of our teachers, and so much more…. Blessings abound at our school; Montini truly is a diamond in the rough.
- The 125th Anniversary committee continues to forge ahead with many exciting upcoming events. Your assistance and participation will be needed to help make the year as memorable as possible.
- Speaking of 125th…. It is my great pleasure to tell you that Bishop Malloy has recently consented to celebrating our opening Anniversary Mass this August 15th! (This will not be the picnic Mass but the usual evening Holy Day Mass.) I am so elated and grateful that he will set aside that evening to be with us and help us open up what will undoubtedly be a holy year of untold blessings for St. Mary!
That’s all for now. Happy Spring!
Fridays during Lent – Soup and Stations – 6:00pm Soup in Mary Hall followed by the Stations of the Cross at 7:00pm in the Church. Soup and Stations offered every Friday during Lent except for Good Friday, April 19th.
Cemetery Clean Up
Cemetery clean up begins April 1st (no foolin’!) If you wish to save any decorations, please remove them by March 31st. Any deocrations remaining after that date will be removed. New decorations may be placed at the grave site starting April 8th.
➡ MARK YOU CALENDARS!
The next 125th Committee Meeting will be on Tuesday, April 9th at 7pm at Montini Middle School. PLEASE USE THE GRAND STREET ENTRANCE OF THE SCHOOL.
Here’s something to SMILE about! 🙂
St. Mary’s Church is now connected with AMAZON.SMILE! What is Amazon.Smile? Amazon is dedicated to giving back to charitable organizations like our parish. When you buy online at Amazon, you have the opportunity to have .05% of your purchases donated to St. Mary’s by Amazon. When you sign up for AmazonSmile, you’ll be asked to select from over a million of charities to support. But you can skip this step and click on our unique link. Then you’ll be taken to smile.amazon.com and then automatically asked if you want to support St Mary Church.
Our unique charity link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-2182123
Don’t forget to sign up for St. Mary’s MyParish App today!
Just text App to phone number 88202 or visit myparishapp.com to download. St. Mary’s will not automatically beone of your choices because we are a national parish which means we have no boundaries. Just type in St. Mary 1407 and the site will be available for you to click on and join. Keep yourself up to date on parish events, daily readings, messages, Pope Francis messages, and programs to enhance your faith journey.