Letter from Fr. David
Dear Friends in Christ,
I think it’s time I list some updates on various building projects, in no particular order.
- Church Sign – As often happens with projects like this, there were a couple of bumps in the road with the new sign, but I understand all is well and the new sign should be up and running within a few weeks. That is exciting!
- Church Structure – We continue to hold together well, thankfully, but within a few months we will be addressing a couple of issues. We will be doing some repairs and repainting on the interior wall above the choir loft, and we will be repainting the exterior around all the windows.
- Mary Hall – This winter Mary Hall will be refaced with some attractive wood paneling on the lower sections of the walls. The current wallpaper will be discarded and any mold on the walls will be cleaned. Also later this year we will want to get the air conditioning in the hall up and running again.
- Parish Center – We really need to install some new flooring on the main level of the parish center, and we plan to tackle that project in several phases over the course of the year, as we get the money to do it.
- Mary Cemetery – The Mary Shrine section will be enhanced this spring. It should be a very attractive and meditative spot when it is completed. By the way, how many of you have noticed that the old metal St. Mary Cemetery sign was restored and reinstalled? It was done well over a year ago, and I never mentioned it publicly, but I was just curious how many of you ever noticed. See, we DO notice and care about these things!
- Rectory – I’m going to have some electrical work done this year, as some rooms do not have any central lighting or need to be updated. Without lots of bright lamps it can get very dark in some areas of the house, so updating the electrical will help.
- Parking Lot – We really could stand to resurface our entire parking lot, but we don’t have the funding capability at this time for such a massive undertaking. As we did over a year ago, we might possibly attack a couple of smaller areas, but nothing is planned as yet.
- Sidewalks – There is work that needs to done on much of our sidewalks. We plan to deal with the worst sections this year.
- Mary Grotto / Front Yard – I’ve had a few people say they would like to help with updating the landscaping. I think we should be able to get some of it going later this spring.
- Montini Middle (St. Mary) School – We do need to replace some of the thermostats in the classrooms, as well as valves in the old radiators. Small things individually, but together they will be a few thousand dollars. We’ll update them a little at a time.
I like to keep you informed on our projects. That’s all for now. Have a blessed week!